Tuesday, June 2, 2009

To LEARN or NOT to LEARN...

So yesterday, I started the ball rolling to go back to school. I want to study Graphic Design. I really enjoy it, and would LOVE to be able to learn more and apply it to building my own business so I can stay home with my girls AND earn some extra money. I see SO many ambitious mommies out there, starting their own businesses, building web sites, designing all kinds of graphics for everything from the digital scrapbooking elements to blogs to custom websites for businesses.

My BABY brother is 18 and attending the Falls in September, studying Graphics. I am SO proud of him, but SO jealous! So I decided to see what FAFSA would give me to go back. It isnt official yet, but they estimate that I'd get a full ride! THAT was a definite check in the PRO column. Plus we would get a little extra to help pay for daycare for the girls. Another check in the PRO column. Ash will be in preschool 3 days a week next year, and she will be the first to tell you that she would WAY rather be at school with kids that home with me most days, but the biggest check in my CON column right now is leaving Gracie before she is a year old. I was spoiled with Ash in that I stayed home with her until she was about 14 months old, and I really feel strongly about the importance of that. So Im in the midst of making phone calls and trying to sort it all out. Id really love to go back, at least part time, but it may have to wait, you know?

Advice? Thoughts? Encouragement? Stay tuned for the decision!!

0 comments: