Thursday, July 30, 2009

BUSY Week At The Piper House!

We have all been VERY busy this week!! We will go alphabetically, hows that sound?
Ashlynn has been going to Vacation Bible School for the first time. The theme is "Fear Not!"' and she is really enjoying learning more about faith. Shes been asking me for weeks to tell her stories about Jesus, and asking me about prayer and God...she has such a good heart! And today, at VBS, she accepted Jesus into her heart. Had me in tears! SO SWEET!! She is such a better person than me already...

She has also been learning to ride her bike! One of the father/daughter rights of passage, right? Watching this was adorable! She is a very lucky girl to have such a great daddy!!


Gracie Pie, well, she is on the move! Ok, not quite LITERALLY but close! She is doing a kind of Army crawl maneuver while trying to get up on her knees to crawl. She gets SO frustrated when she isn't quite strong enough...its hilarious and tragic all rolled into one. I have a feeling she will be crawling in September. Dad says walking by Christmas, and I do not doubt it! So its time for me to start thinking about baby gates and baby proofing again! Our days are DEFIANTLY numbered!

In other Gracie news, she has been eating rice cereal for dinner every night for the last few weeks, and really enjoying it. So last night, I got out the food processor, set up my make shift veggie steamer, and made her some green beans. I froze them in the ice cube tray so they are already split into 1 Tbsp servings (thank you, Maegan! GENIUS!!) They made their debut tonight: BIG HIT!! Its so entertaining!! And I don't think its any coincidence that she also began raspberrying with her tongue this last weekend...so funny!


I am really not up to much, just playing soccer mom and happy house wife. And loving every second of it! I never would have imagined in a million years that I would love the day to day like I do!! I'm working on a few small projects here and there, still enjoying my scrapbooking, and beginning a baby book for my best friend, Katie, who is due in early October. I'm really enjoying capturing all these moments with my new camera! It brings everything to the next level, that's for sure!

Patrick took over his field flight this week, and has been working hard. He is a great leader, these guys are lucky to have him. And I know he is thrilled to be getting back into the field, and really getting back to what he loves about his job. He goes to "the woods" for the first time next week, and, even though I know he will miss us, he is SO EXCITED to get out in the field again. Its really what job is about.

More soon! The baby is fussing and I've got laundry to fold! Ah, the glamorous life....

2 comments:

Maegan said...

Ashlynn accepted Jesus into her heart. <3 She is such a sweet girl. I'll have to ask Zoƫ about that. She loves going to church but I'm not sure if she quite grasps the whole concept just yet, you know?

Emily said...

Yeah, Im not sure if Ash does, either, but she is VERY enthusiastic about it! It made me cry a little, Im not gonna lie...